This spring Connection Night is Wednesday evenings February 21 to May 9 from 6:00 until 8:00.
Dinner begins at 6:00 in the Family Life Center for adults and children. Alpha table groups will sit together; additional tables will be available in the Family Life Center for others who would like to fellowship and eat at the church. Cost of the meal is just $5 or a maximum of $20 per family.
While Alpha is the primary focus of Connection Night, other groups will also be meeting.
A Life Worth Living – Begins March 14 – Did you participate in Alpha last fall? Continue your faith journey with this follow up to Alpha. Like Alpha, the course will begin with a meal among friends at 6:00 followed by a video and table discussion. In this study Nicky Gumbel uses the book of Philippians to cover topics like “new heart,” “new attitude,” and “new ambition.” Register here for A Life Worth Living to extend your Alpha experience.
5 Love Languages – A class for couples is being led by Charla and Ricky Bowers based on the book by Gary Chapman. Register here.
Grief Support – Two grief support sessions are available on Wednesdays. John Starr and Roger Goins help facilitate discussions 4:30 to 5:30 and 6:00 to 8:00.
Choir rehearsal – Our music director, Linda Pollock, is happy to welcome new choir members into the group.
Youth and Children
Junior high and high school students have a study geared toward their age group.
Children from pre-k through 4th grade are invited to Kidz4Christ (K4C). They will play games, sing songs, and say rhymes to help them learn Bible stories and the books of the Bible. Pre-k and kindergarten meet downstairs in the Children’s Center. First through 4th grades meet upstairs. in the Confirmation Room.
Fifth and 6th graders are the Wild1s (Willing, Involved, Loving, Disciples). This fall they will study the book of Proverbs, the “how-to” manual on wisdom, and how to use that wisdom to live the life God wants us to live.
Menu for Connection Night
- February 21 – Fried chicken, mashed potatoes, suffering succotash
- February 28 – Baked Alaskan Pollock, white rice, roasted veggies
- March 7 – Salisbury steak, mashed taters, seasoned broccoli
- March 14 – Corned beef, build cabbage, steamed red potatoes
- March 21 – Steak fingers, mashed potatoes, green beans
- April 4 – Fajitas, chips/queso/salsa, Spanish rice, refried beans, dessert
- April 11 – Italian sausage casserole, garlic bread, tossed salad, dessert
- April 18 – Orange chicken, lo mein, stir-fry veggies, dessert
- April 25 – Roast beef, mashed potatoes, green beans, dinner roll, dessert
- May 2 – Pan-seared pork chops, buttered rice, steamed veggies, corn bread, dessert