Wesley Wednesday is now Connection Night at Central Campus! This fall Connection Night is Wednesday evenings August 23th to November 1st from 6:00 until 8:00.
Dinner begins at 6:00 in the Family Life Center for adults and in Fellowship Hall for children. Alpha table groups will sit together; additional tables will be available in the FLC for others who would like to fellowship and eat at the church.
While Alpha is the primary focus of Connection Night, other groups will also be meeting.
Youth and Children
Junior high and high school students have an Alpha course geared toward their age group.
Children from pre-k through 4th grade are invited to Kidz4Christ (K4C). They will play games, sing songs, and say rhymes to help them learn Bible stories and the books of the Bible. Pre-k and kindergarten meet downstairs in the Children’s Center. First through 4th grades meet upstairs. in the Confirmation Room.
Fifth and 6th graders are the Wild1s (Willing, Involved, Loving, Disciples). This fall they will study the book of Proverbs, the “how-to” manual on wisdom, and how to use that wisdom to live the life God wants us to live.
Choir rehearsal – Our music director, Linda Pollock, is happy to welcome new choir members into the group.
Grief support group is facilitated by John Starr. It is held in the church Parlor.
Menu for Connection Night
- August 23 – Lasagna (ravioli for the kids), garlic bread, garden green salad, super moist chocolate cake
- August 30 – Fajitas (tacos for the kids), Spanish rice, refried beans, chips and quest, oatmeal cookies
- September 6 – BBQ platter including chicken, pork, and hot links, macaroni and cheese for the kids, baked beans, Texas toast, and apple crisp
- September 13 – Steak fingers, mashed potatoes, green beans, dinner rolls, banana cream pie
- September 20 – Burgers with assorted toppings, fries, ooey gooey butter cake
- September 27 – Sweet and sour chicken (chicken nuggets for the kids), fried rice, stir-fry veggies, egg rolls, chocolate-peanut butter brownies
- October 4 – Spaghetti and meatballs, garlic bread, tossed salad, chocolate eclair cake
- October 11 – Breakfast night with scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage, home fries, biscuits and gravy, coffee cake
- October 18 – Roast beef, mashed potatoes, green beans, dinner rolls, butterscotch cream pie
- October 25 – Stuffed pork chops, buttered rice, steamed veggies, corn bread, homemade pies.