This fall Connection Night is Wednesday evenings September 5 to November 14 from 6:00 until 8:00.
Dinner begins at 6:00 in the Family Life Center for adults and children. Alpha table groups will sit together; additional tables will be available in the Family Life Center for others who would like to fellowship and eat at the church. Cost of the meal is just $5 or a maximum of $20 per family.
While Alpha is the primary focus of Connection Night, other groups will also be meeting.
Knowing, Loving, and Serving God – Are you an Alpha graduate? Pastor Ray is leading a study designed as a follow up to Alpha. Like Alpha, the course will begin with a meal among friends at 6:00 followed by a video and table discussion. Register here for Knowing, Loving, and Serving God to extend your Alpha experience. This three-part study will deepen our understanding of Scripture (Knowing God), learn practices to grow our relationship with God (Loving God), and discover the Scriptural basis for our desire to share our God-given gifts with others (Serving God).
Grief Support – John Starr and Roger Goins help facilitate discussions 6:00 to 7:30 in the Parlor. Grief support is offered to those who have experienced loss of a spouse, sibling, parent, grandparent, significant other, etc. John and Roger have received extensive training as Stephen Ministers and have experienced loss first hand.
Choir rehearsal – Our music director, Linda Pollock, is happy to welcome new choir members into the group.
Youth and Children
Junior high and high school students have a study geared toward their age group.
Children from pre-k through 4th grade are invited to Kidz4Christ (K4C). They will play games, sing songs, and say rhymes to help them learn Bible stories and the books of the Bible. Pre-k and kindergarten meet downstairs in the Children’s Center. First through 4th grades meet upstairs. in the Confirmation Room.
Fifth and 6th graders are the Wild1s (Willing, Involved, Loving, Disciples). This fall they will study The Book and the Gospels which will walk them through an overview of the Bible including the four Gospels.
Menu for Connection Night
- Salad and dessert are available every night
- September 5 – Lasagna/veggie lasagna, caesar salad, garlic bread
- September 12 – Chicken fried steak, home-style mashed taters, cream gravy, southern green beans
- September 19 – Slow-cooked pinto beans, home fries, sweet cornbread, or chicken nuggetS
- September 26 – BBQPALOOZA (chicken, bologna, pork), Timmy’s tater salad, cole slaw
- October 3 – Orange chicken, lo mein, stir-fry veggies, egg roll, or chicken nuggets
- October 10 – Roast beef, mashed potatoes, green beans, dinner rolls
- October 17 – Fried pork patties, buttered brown rice, steamed veggies, cornbread
- October 24 – Chicken fried chicken, mashed potatoes, mixed veggies, white gravy
- October 31 – Spaghetti and meatballs, garlic bread, green salad
- November 7 – Baked chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, mixed vegetables, dinner rolls
- November 14 – Potluck – Please bring something delicious