Alzheimer’s Support Group (Formerly Caregiver Support Group)
Savvy Caregiver Series – Wednesdays, October 10, 17, 24, and 31, 11:30 to 1:30 at Central Campus. Admission is free, but space is limited. You must RSVP at 1-800-272-3900 to attend. Lunch is provided by Brookdale in Claremore.
This is professional-level training for the non-professional which includes “best practices” in caregiving techniques with clinical-level training for family caregivers. Join us for this series and walk away with:
- knowledge of how dementia affects thinking skills
- effective ways to respond to changes in behavior
- skills to choose appropriate activities and minimize confusion
- methods to make a positive impact though support and a structured environment
- skills to reduce stress and take care of yourself
- confidence to set and alter caregiving goals
- strategies to manage activities of daily living
This group meets every third Tuesday of the month at 10:00 in the Central Campus Parlor. It is designed to provide emotional, educational, and social support for those caring for those with Alzheimer’s and Dementia related conditions. Through regularly scheduled meetings participants will develop methods and skills to handle different situations and reduce stress. The group encourages caregivers to maintain their own personal, physical, and emotional health, as well as optimally care for their loved ones. We are inviting those who are serving as caregivers to join us and let us help by “carrying each other’s burdens” (Galatians 6:2a NIV).
If you or anyone you know is caring for a love one and needs support and encouragement, let them know about our group.
If you have any questions, please Frances Ibáñez at 918-341-4580, ext. 331 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.