Savvy Caregiver Series – Published September 21, 2018
The Alzheimer’s Association is conducting Savvy Caregiver Series at First United Methodist Church. The series takes placed Wednesdays October 10, 17, 24, and 31 from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. The program is free, and lunch is provided by Brookdale of Claremore. Advanced reservations are required by calling 1-800-272-3900.
The series provides professional-level training for the non-professional. It is a best-practices course in caregiving techniques, and provides clinical-level training for family caregivers. Participants will walk away with:
- knowledge of how dementia affects thinking skills
- effective ways to respond to changes in behavior
- skills to choose appropriate activities and minimize confusion
- methods to make a positive impact through support and a structured environment at each stage
- skills to reduce stress and for the caregiver to take care of themselves
- confidence to set and alter caregiving goals
- strategies to manage activities of daily living
Space is limited so reserve your space today by calling 1-800-272-3900.