What’s Happening This Summer – June 18, 2018 –
First United Methodist Church has a lot to keep you active this summer. Just take a look at a few of the on-going activities taking place:
- Tai Chi for Balance – Monday and Thursday mornings from 9:00 to 9:45 at Central Campus. Contact Laurie Ault at 918-341-4580, ext. 310, for more information.
- Adult co-ed softball – Friday evenings at 6:30 at Walnut Park, 1505 North Jay Street. Come out to play the game or cheer on the team. It is as much fun to watch as it is to play. For more information, contact Kent Tucker at 918-697-8846 or email@example.com
- Adult men’s basketball – Sunday afternoons from 1:00 to 3:00 in the Central Campus Family Life Center. Men must be 18 years or older. Contact Daniel at 918-694-8033 for more information.
- Young Adults Bible Study and Meal – A group of twenty to thirty plus year olds meet for Bible study every Wednesday at 5:30. They study, share a meal, then fellowship with each other. Contact Pastor Stephen for more information at 918-341-4580, ext. 301, or scagle@ClaremoreFUMC.org.
- Poetry Reading Group – Tuesday mornings at Central Campus. They begin at 10:00 and sometimes end up in the coffee shop playing music! Just show up.
- Grief Support Group – Wednesday evenings from 6:00 to 7:30 in the Central Campus Parlor. Contact John Starr at 918-857-5946 or Roger Goins at 918-615-4589 for more information.
- Prayer Meeting – Join this group of prayer warriors Monday evenings at 7:00 in the Central Campus Prayer Chapel.
- Food Bank Delivery – Every 1st and 3rd Wednesday morning we receive a big shipment of food from the regional food bank. It is always more than our dedicated group of volunteers can handle on their own. Please stop by around 10:30 to help unload the truck and stock the shelves.