Father’s Day is always special, but this year it is going to be even better! Father’s Day, June 17, is the day we are going to have our church picnic at the pond! And this year, we are inviting the entire community to join us for food and fun for the entire family.
Our men’s group has bold plans to make the picnic something we won’t soon forget:
- Chef Tim is roasting a hog and a brisket, Siegi’s Sausage Factory is supplying bratwurst – at no cost to picnic goers
- Sno Cones for the entire family
- We only ask that picnickers bring some chips or dessert to share
- If you want to make Dad feel extra special, you can buy him a Rib Eye steak, made to order at the picnic. Order online here or order from Chef Tim. Orders must be placed by June 11. (Read more about the steaks below.)
Fun at the Pond
- Canoes and Kayaks will be available for paddling
- Fishing exhibitions
For the Kids
- Eight-story hot air balloon
- Safari Sanctuary is bringing zoo animals
- Activities and games for the entire family
- Car and motorcycle show
- Scottish Highland games
- Lawnmower races
- Blacksmith demonstration
- Auction: beautiful wooden cross, knife, and more
The new pavilion, which will be consecrated during the picnic, will provide plenty of shade. There might even be a baptism or two.
Be sure to invite all your friends, neighbors, co-workers, or just people that you happen to meet! More activities are being planned so check back here often to get the latest information.
ORDER A STEAK FOR DAD
Dad will be the hit of DadFest when you give him a Rib Eye steak for Father’s Day. He will bypass the food line and go straight to the grill. His steak will be cooked just the way he likes it and be piping hot when he is ready to eat.
Everyone will know he is special because he is YOUR dad, and he is eating a big ol’ Rib Eye while the other dads are eating brisket (although the brisket will be delicious too).
Cost for a 12 oz. steak is just $10. The monster 16 oz. steak is $20. All steaks must be ordered before June 11. You can order by clicking here or by calling Chef Tim at 918-829-2431. Certificates are available to present to Dad on Father’s Day.
All steaks must be paid for in advance. If you order on the website and do not complete the Palpal payment, your steak will not be paid. Tim will have a list of all paid steaks at the picnic